So I made salsa this morning after planting a flat of Giant Musselburgh Leeks and stepping up brassica seedlings for the fall garden.
Non-tomato ingredients pictured above on their way to the food processor.
Here's a rough recipe:
- All sorts of tomatoes--I used Green Zebra, Orange Banana, Fox Cherry, Roma Rio Grande, Red Fig, Belize Pink Heart, and Pruden's Purple
- Red and white onions
- Yellow and red sweet peppers
- 2 jalepeño peppers (I used purple and red varieties)
- Flat leaf parsley (because I like it in almost everything)
- A head of garlic, separated and smashed/peeled
- Salt & pepper to taste
I froze a few pints of this and kept some fresh for topping various things.
Thanks to all who accepted tomatoes into your homes over the past month.... There's more where those came from!