The Milkweed Diaries

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dances With Goats

With the unexpected addition of a Nubian mama and 10-day old doeling to our goat herd, our goat total is up to SEVEN!

Friends and family have reassured me that I am not an animal hoarder.

There is a whole lot of frolicking going on around here these days, with the young Nubians and the new baby, and we have been getting our first milk - yay!

Goats are such curious, friendly, and playful creatures - we are loving having them around! Here's how the little doeling spends her days:

5 comments:

Kristina Mercedes said...

she is painfully cute!! it's like she's just discovered her ears - ha!

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

So cute!
HUGE floppy ears! ha ha. They're lovely animals.
Great you're enjoying some milk, will you make cheese?

jack-of-all-thumbs said...

I am SO envious!

Milkweed said...

Hey Jack and Keeko and Ms. Cabbage Tree! Yes, the cuteness is overwhelming. So far the milk we've been getting has been used right up fresh, but YES, cheese is coming soon!

jord. said...

BT-I started my blog!! Will you add me to the blogs you dig? I'll add you if you add me! Missing you.