The Milkweed Diaries

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Broccoli!

Speaking of good clean fun, we celebrated my dog-niece Pippen's first birthday last weekend.





Pippen got a can of catfood with a candle in it and some kind of dog treat called "Grizzly Nuts," and the humans got FRESH BROCCOLI straight from the garden!

We harvested the first two heads, and many broccoli antics ensued (see below). We steamed it lightly and had it with some roasted garlic mayonnaise .... mmmmmmmm!



There's lots more broccoli out there, so I can only imagine the possibilities. This is what happens when you don't have TV.

I remember eating broccoli from my mom and dad's garden as a little girl, so it was great to be able to feed them some from mine. In any case, here's my broccoli-loving sister with the goods.





Bring on the broc.....

No comments: